Team 1 developed its Championship Dream in 1999 with input from all its team members. It is similar to companies' mission/vision statements with its focus on customers and team members. Team 1 will show proof that these are not just words on paper, but we live and breathe them everyday in how we do business.
Customer Service Excellence
Team 1 wants to work with leading edge companies who understand the value of long-term partnerships. We will work together so that both companies understand the value of our products and services as they relate to the consumer. We believe every customer deserves the highest level of customer service. Our goal is to be “Your #1 Team In Customer Satisfaction.” We want to work with our customers to reduce bureaucracy, allow more responsibility and through teamwork continuously improve the performance of our partnership. Within Team 1, our customers will never hear: “We can not do that;” instead, they will hear: “Together we can make it happen.”
Customer Service Excellence PROOF
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Results – We run an annual customer satisfaction survey to get valuable feedback on how we were doing. The most recent results indicated that 100% of current customers would recommend Team 1 to other plastic components buyers.
- Still doing business with our first two customers; II Stanley and Tokai Rika. That’s over 25 years of excellent customer service to both customers. In fact, 70% of our business comes from customers we have been working with since the 1980s!
- If you become a customer of Team 1 you instantly become one of the few, and your voice is heard loud and clear – always!
Team Member Success
Building an exceptional company is the result of building exceptional teams with exceptional people. We want people who are honest and demonstrate a high level of integrity, have an eagerness to learn, contribute to a safe work environment, and will value each person in a diverse work force. Team members must posses the moral courage to take the risks and seize opportunities required to make a difference. We recognize the importance of educating our team members on the financial performance of Team 1 and sharing in our success. Within Team 1, no one will ever hear: “It is not my job;” instead, they will hear: “How can I help get the job done?”
Team Member Success PROOF
- We believe the best measure of the value Team 1 places on its team members is our focus on a safe work environment. Valuing the safety of our employees means that Team 1 Plastics achieved a record of 5,721 consecutive days without a lost time accident -- that was more than 15 years! Protecting our team is the top priority at Team 1.
- The fact that we treat our team members well is evident in the average length of service; which is over 4 years for our hourly staff and over 15 years for our management team.
- Open-book bonus program since 1998. We share the most secretive information in most companies, all of our financial statements with all of our team members on a monthly basis. Everyone’s bonus including ownership is based upon meeting yearly profitability targets.
Positive Community Member
Exceptional people benefit from supportive family environments and strong communities. We believe that Team 1 has an obligation to be a strong positive influence on our team members’ families and their communities. We strongly value the importance of continuous learning of our team members and their families with special emphasis on the children of our communities. We will support and encourage our team members’ volunteer activities. In addition, Team 1 will focus its financial contributions to the local community. Members of our families or communities will never hear: “It is not our problem;” instead, they will hear: “We will work together to make a positive difference.”
Positive Community Member PROOF
- Started in the Albion business incubator in 1988. Purchased land from the city of Albion and built brand new manufacturing facility in 1992. Have undergone several expansions since and now occupy a 45,000 square foot facility and employ over 25 full time team members.
- All donation and volunteer efforts are focused on the local communities within Jackson and Calhoun counties.
- Public schools
- Junior Achievement
- Albion Chamber of Commerce
- Starr Commonwealth
- Oaklawn Hospital
- Albion Public Library
- Team 1 has established a donor advised fund at the Albion Community Foundation that is focused on supporting educational activities in the local communities.
Freedom To Succeed
Team 1 believes in the American Free Enterprise System, which was founded on the principle of liberty. This system rewards sustainable profits to those companies that can continuously provide products valued in the marketplace. By committing ourselves to these ideals we believe that we will ensure our long-term profitability, which is the only reliable measurement of the success of a market driven company. Team 1 should be the vehicle by which our customers, our team members, our community, and our stockholders can easily see the advantage in working together to attain their goals. Those with a vested interest in Team 1 will never hear: "We do not have the freedom to make a difference;" instead they will hear: "We have the freedom to succeed."
Freedom To Succeed PROOF
- Plante & Moran 2009 Plastic Benchmarking Survey Results for Team 1.
- Upper 25%
- Value Add/Employee
- Machine Hrs/Employee
- Return on Assets
- Press Utilization
- Upper 25%
- Over a 10 year period Team 1 invested over $1.0 million in automation and information technology and reduced its total headcount by over 75. During this period its profitability increased by over 300% and its debt/equity dropped by almost 75%!
- Doing business in the United States means that customers, team members, suppliers and community members have the freedom to choose. We are proud that all of our stakeholders have chosen Team 1 to help them succeed!