Team 1 Plastics’ Quality Reputation
As part of its goal to be “Your #1 Team In Customer Satisfaction,” Team 1 Plastics is constantly working to improve the quality of its thermoplastic injection molding. There are several factors that give Team 1 Plastics a competitive advantage over other injection molding companies.
- Team 1 Plastics is certified to the IATF 16949:2016 certification standard. In addition, Team 1 Plastics has been certified to the ISO/TS 16949:2009 standard since 2013.
- No quality system can prevent every possible non-conformance. However, a disciplined, systemic approach to analysis and resolution allows Team 1 Plastics to attack the root of any problem, protecting customers from the cost and inconvenience of recurrences. This focus leads to improvements in processes and management, resulting in a competitive advantage. For example, during 2015-2018, Team 1 experienced a reduction of greater than 50% of external rejects.
- Team 1 Plastics knows that it may not be able to predict, and thus prevent, every potential problem. What Team 1 can do is to respond to problems in a manner that prevents having to fix them more than once. Cross-functional corrective action and continuous improvement meetings are regularly scheduled. Disciplined, problem-solving approaches with a zero-defect mentality — combined with a willingness to invest in technology — allow Team 1 Plastics to attack issues effectively, minimizing problems for its customers.
- Team 1 utilizes web-based tools and custom data-management systems to communicate internally in a dynamic and real-time environment. This infrastructure provides the best opportunity to care for its customers and to ensure accuracy of all customer transactions.
- The long-term success of any project is rooted in the management of the project, with particular emphasis on the launch. Team 1 Plastics utilizes a collaborative database program to monitor and update status. Its cross-functional New Product Launch Team meets weekly to review all new products and to proactively address any issues.
- Team 1 Plastics can manage the design and construction of new tools. In addition, it can work with customers to ensure that transfer tooling is quickly and successfully brought into production.
- Very few of Team 1 Plastics’ molds have more than eight cavities. This means that Team 1 has higher precision and repeatable quality. The main focus is to match mold cavitation with the customers’ annual volume. Team 1 Plastics’ highly automated 24/7 operation of small molding machines allows it to run low cavitation molds at a overall less expensive cost compared to high cavitation in traditional five days a week, labor-intensive molding companies.